Wednesday, July 2, 2014

8 Months Down and More Snow...

SURPISE!!! MORE SNOW!!!  I'm really startng to not really like this whole snow thing... I mean I don't know about the rest of you but usually a couple days with a few inches once a year is good for me. Anything more than that is a little too much. Schools out here have been cancelled probably 20+ days and even the University has shut down like 4 times and from talking to people it has only shut down once in the last like 15 years. So it has been a... "fun" winter... especially since I have the great pleasure of walking everywhere.
 
 BUT we saw a crazy miracle this week because we were out working even though it was pretty cold. I was on an exchange with Elder Sorensen and we were walking around knocking on peoples doors hoping that somebody would let us in or talk to us or really just show some interest and say we could come back another time. Well we had found a few people that said we could come back and we will see how those go but then we saw a miracle. We saw this big yellow and pink house and both of us decided we had to go knock on it. We expected some like young hippy guy or something and then this old man comes to the door and before we could even begin to talk... he yells at us and said "Go Away!"... so we did. I don't know why it works this way but either right before or after we find someone really good or interested I feel like there is always some angry person who doesn't like us. But anyways we were walking down his steps and a girl pulls up in her car and says "Are you guys Jehovah's Witnesses? Are you out witnessing?" (We get that a lot...) We told her we were the Mormons and she excitedly said "Do you have time to talk. I have something I want to talk to you about." Long story short she has a lot of interesting believes but by the end of talking to her for about an hour and a half (in the cold) she said I really like what you guys believe! It sounds so loving and merciful. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it and call us when we could meet up again. Only rough part is we were sitting on metal benches that entire hour and a half and we were in the shade so when we got up I almost fell because I couldn't feel my legs... But it was all worth it!
Miracles are everywhere as long as you are obedient to the commandments and working hard!
 
I brought my notes from our Zone Conference last week and just a quick few things I really liked.
        If our investigators connect with us, they connect with Jesus Christ.
        This Church can give you everything because it requires everything!
        Don't let Satan win the battle of your souls.
        Jesus Christ, the best teacher ever, taught using parables, or stories.
 
Well I love you all! Hopefully there isn't a ton of snow next week so I can actually email on Monday!
Love,
Elder Ryan Carter
 
"We need to fortify the weak areas to create strengths." -Richard G. Scott
 
"When we recognize our own weakness, we stand in awe of His strength.” -President Pitt

No comments:

Post a Comment