Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"Your Four Minutes"

What a week it has been! We got a new car! We have had rain and sunshine! We got to listen to the leaders of our church in General Conference! We got a barbecue and man can I cook some good food! (or at least I think it is good) And I have got to be a missionary every single day of it!
Unfortunately, I forgot all of the notes that I took during conference but here are some things that I learned in summary.
  •  We need to have courage to stand up for our beliefs even if people fight against them
  • This life is like a short race. "This life is your four minutes." What are you going to make of it?
  • We all have heroes that have helped us become who we are today! Who are some of your heroes?
  • We have faith in Jesus Christ! Let your faith show so that others know it!
  • This world may be changing, but God is not! "If you love [Him], keep [His] commandments"
  • We should follow up on things. "If we follow up the Lord will not let us down." Elder M. Russel Ballard
These are just a few of the messages that were shared! I look forward to the opporunity I have to read, and re-read the words of living prophets that receive guidance and direction to bless the lives of those throughout the world.
Throughout the week we were able to teach Derek, the kid who came up to us last Sunday who wants to be baptized, and we had a great lesson with him. We got to teach him the message of the Restoration of this gospel and he is a bright young man. Along with that we had a great miracle where we were trying to find a recent investigator. We knocked on his door and found out that he moved. However, the person now living there was interested and said we can come back and share more with him. It is amazing how mindful the Lord is of each of his children and how he directs our paths. Pray to you Father in heaven and I promise he will give you guidance if you seek for it! He wants to bless you! He loves all of His children.
I love each of you as well! I hope you all have a marvelous week! Don't waste a minute. Make "Your Four Minutes" count!
Elder Ryan Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment