Wednesday, July 2, 2014

BUCKHANNON WEEK 1

What a great week it has been! I have only been here 5 days and I already love it here!!! Maybe cause my companion is amazing! Maybe because this week has been awesome and has been super busy. Maybe because I now have a car and it is finally warming up here (even though it snowed yesterday....) I can't pick one thing but it has been awesome!!! The members here are great and the people here are great!
 
I got here on Wednesday and ever since getting here it has been fun! On Thursday we taught an awesome lesson to a new investigator. Friday we were able to have a dinner with a family in our ward and the missionaries here have started teaching the wifes dad about our church which was cool. We were able to teach him the Plan of Salvation which is my favorite lesson to teach. I just always feel so good teaching that lesson because of the peace that it bring me to know the plan that God has made for all of his children to receive the most happiness and joy in this life! And it is always amazing to teach of Christ's sacrifice for all of us so that even though we have imperfections we can be cleansed of our sins if we repent and work on changing and always becoming better. But not only that, he suffered so that he would know all of our pains, and trials and afflictions we would all face in this life and he wanted to be able to support us through all of it.
 
On Sunday we had a baptism for Rita Barker! It was so great! I don't know her super well yet but she seems awesome from what opportunity I have had to talk with her! It is always amazing to be a part of a special moment in someones life like that!
 
And an amazing things happened on Sunday too! A kid whos dad is a member and has a grandma that is a member but has not been baptized came up to us on Sunday and told Elder Fielding that he wants to be baptized and wants to know how to do it! He already knows a lot about the church since he has been around it his whole life and goes to church with his Grandma whenever he asks her but now all we have to do is teach him the lessons. So in two weeks we should be having another baptism which I'm super excited for!
 
I love you all! I hope each of you have a great week!
Elder Ryan Carter
 
 
"You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make." -Gordon B. Hinckley
 
"Tough times don't last, Tough people do"

No comments:

Post a Comment