Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Heading All the way to the West Coast...

Well this last week has been a lot of fun. We got to go to another baseball game last Monday and Derek's team won so that was good. It was a lot more fun watching an older team than to watch little league. Just a little bit more action.

Then on Tuesday Elder Streeter came here for an exchange. We had a pretty good day. We got to see Susan, who I will talk more about later, and we got to see Derek and Austin. We talked to Derek and Austin about the importance of scripture study and how to make it more effective. They seemed to really enjoy it. Afterwards we had a little bit of a competition. We went and shot a bow!
I wasn't the best shot but I got better after a few tries. It just took a little bit of getting used to. It has been a while.

Wednesday we helped out the Weitrzykowski's move. They are a part member family in our ward and it was probably the shortest and the easiest move I have ever done. The entire move consisted of walking across their back yard into their new backyard and into the house. That was my kind of move!

Friday we got to see Susan again and taught her a great lesson of the Restoration of the church. We planned on mixing in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to talk about baptism a lot while we were there so that we could invite her to be baptized at the end of the lesson. She accepted and we set her on date for August 10th! It was a pretty awesome experience! She has some pretty funny questions and ideas though which made the lesson a lot of fun.

Saturday we got to go to the big Chapman Reunion!!! Those are always a lot of fun! We got to play volleyball, eat a lot of food, and play some corn hole. Now for any of you who don't know what corn hole is, look it up! It is a lot of fun! I'm finally starting to get the hang of it! definitely something I'm planning on brining back to the west coast!

On Sunday we had a baptism for Bret and Cody Lambert! They are some pretty funny kids but they were a lot of fun to teach and to get to know! (Bret is on the right next to Elder Fielding, Cody is next to me, and their older brother Jason is in the middle and he baptized them) You can tell by their faces they are a pretty goofy family.

But last night I got a little bit of a shock. Transfers are this week and I thought I would be staying since Elder Fielding had been here longer. Boy was I wrong. I'm going all the way to the West Coast (or at least what people out here think is the West Coast.) I'm going to Olive Hill, Kentucky. It is just south of Portsmouth, Ohio, which was my first area. Chances are high that I will be back in Portsmouth sometime in the next few weeks which is exciting. I will be serving with Elder Young, and I don't really know much about him.

I'm pretty sad that I'm going to be leaving Buckhannon because the people here have been so great! I have had so many fun experiences and now have so many memories of this great place! I will really miss these people but can't wait for the day when I'm able to come back and see them all!
I love you all, and Happy Fathers Day to all you Fathers out there! I hope it was a great one!
Love,
Elder Ryan Carter

"Fathers, you are the primary model of manhood for your sons. You are their most meaningful mentor and believe it or not, you are their HERO in countless ways. Your words and your example are a great influence on them." -M. Russell Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment