Monday, December 30, 2013

#TractingInAWinterWonderland #IdtTractThat

It is December!! How is it already December! It snowed a few times this week so it is getting a lot colder here. Unfortunately it is all melted by now and didn't really stick at all.
 
So I have a funny story for y'all. I can't remember if I told this already but if so I'm telling it again. Last week we were walking to the library to email and there was a guy walking down the hill and we were going to walk right by him. Elder Kamauu was so excited and was going to talk to him. As he was building up his courage I hear a thud. I turned around and he was on the ground. He had slipped on some ice. He said he has never seen ice on the road before so he didn't even know what he slipped on until I asked what happened. Guess I'm failing on teaching him how to live in a colder place than Hawaii.
 
This week we had another dinner with the Kellem's and they have a daughter that is so much like Caddie. She is 11 years old and has no filter. Apparently she has "her people" to get stuff for her. Sound anything like Caddie? It was crazy!
 
Thankgiving was awesome! We went to a Turkey Bowl in the morning which was a ton of fun except we were playing in the snow so it was pretty cold. Don't worry though I was crazy enough to just wear long sleeve and a tshirt and then shorts and thermal leggings. Maybe that was why I was cold... The rest of the day was pretty much spent with the Fidlers who fed us lunch and dinner. We just played games and hung out but the best part is that their daughter in-law knew my cousin. Small world.
 
And then to top the week off I have to talk about pepporoni rolls. The Fidlers to a Christmas music fireside yesterday which was awesome. But on top of that they made us pepporoni rolls. It is a roll stuffed with pepporoni, cheese, and pizza sauce! So good! I guess it is a WV thing.
 
But yesterday at church I learned something cool about sacrifice. We often think of sacrifice as just giving something up but when we really begin to think about it we sacrifice things so we can receive blessings from God in return. It was a cool realization that when we sacrifice God is just going to turn around and bless us in return so it really is not a sacrifice at all. God just wants us to show we are willing to follow him first.
 
I love you all! Thank you again for all the love and support! I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love,
Elder Ryan Carter
 
"The past is behind: learn from it.
The future is ahead: prepare for it.
The present is here: Live in it!"
-Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment