Monday, December 30, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!

Wow what a week we had here in Morgantown. The weeks just keep flying by faster and faster. This Wednesday we had a big meeting with President and Sister Pitt and we talked about covenants but the best part was at the end. All 50 or 60 missionaries that were there stood up and shared their favorite scriptures of Christ. I had a hard time choosing because I just don't like picking favorites but two of my favorites are 2 Nephi 7:7-9 and 3 Nephi 17:21-22
 
2 Nephi 7:7-9
    7 For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
    8 And the Lord is near, and he justifieth me. Who will contend with me? Let us stand together. Who is mine adversary? Let him come near me, and I will smite him with the strength of my mouth.
    9 For the Lord God will help me. And all they who shall condemn me, behold, all they shall wax old as a garment, and the moth shall eat them up.
 
3 Nephi 17:21-22
   21 And when he had said these words, he awept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and bblessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
   22 And when he had done this he wept again;
 
The best part of the week though was yesterday at church. We got a Christmas Miracle!! We had made a goal to get allof our investigators to church and when we got to church in the morning it didn't seem like anyone would make it so we could only hope that someone would come. It was about 5 minutes before sacrament and I had almost just given up all hope of anyone coming. (To preface this story, I first have to tell you that Saturday night we went to invite Patty and Jenna to church but they weren't home so we left a note saying to call us or Sister Curtis, who Patty and Jenna are friends with, to get a ride.) Well to continue the story, Charlotte, Sister Curtis' daughter, walked in and her brother was poking her so she was a little annoyed at this point. Elder Kamauu almost jokingly then says "Did you bring a friend to church today?" Charlotte then said, almost annoyed because of her brother, "Yeah." Elder Kamauu, shocked, then said, "Wait... what? Jenna is here?" We then got the same response and tone of "Yeah."
Elder Kamauu and I then looked at eachother, then down the hall, and surely enough there stood Patty and Jenna!!! So amazing!!
We later found out that Patty called Sister Curtis at 8 that morning and almost embarrased asked for a ride to church even though Jenna was sick. It was truly a miracle!!!
 
And then during church you'll never guess what I actually did... I sang in the choir... not well, but I did it. It ended up being really good and not nearly as bad of an experience as I thought it would be.
 
Well this dumb computers are about to kick me off but I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!! I love you all!
 
Elder Ryan Carter
 
“Joy to the world, the Lord is come; Let earth receive her King!  Let every heart prepare Him room, And Saints and angels sing.” 
 
3 Nephi 1:12-13
    12 And it came to pass that he cried mightily unto the Lord aall that day; and behold, the bvoice of the Lord came unto him, saying:
    13 Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the asign be given, and on the bmorrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to becspoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.

No comments:

Post a Comment