Monday, December 30, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Well I can't believe it is already a New Year. As of this week I will be out on my mission for 6 months already. I thought people were lying when they said a mission goes by fast, but it has flown by and it only gets faster!
 
It was an awesome Christmas week full of so much joy and excitement. It was truly amazing to get to really focus on the true meaning of Christmas this year as a missionary, and I mean that literally. Christmas Eve we spent a couple of hours out tracting doors trying to find people to teach. However, I must say it was one of the best, if not the best Christmas ever. Even though I was not home with my family, it was truly amazing to celebrate it with others.
     The night of Christmas Eve we went over to the Haws where we had an awesome dinner and then acted out the Nativity with their family as well as 4 other missionaries that came with us. It was honestly so much fun! I got to be the sheep! Go me!
    Christmas was awesome being able to spend time with members of our ward and then getting the wonderful opportunity to call home! It was so wonderful getting to see my family and talk to them and hear there awesome voices!
    The rest of the week was pretty normal. Everyone was out of town because it was the Holiday's so a lot of people were gone but it was a good week and there a lot of people we found that are interested in hearing our message. I am so excited for this new year and this new transfer. I am so excited for the work this year and I can already feel an excitement for all that is going to happen!
 
I love you all and have a wonderful New Year!
Love,
Elder Carter
 
"I believe that no concern of oursw is too small or insignificant. The Lord is in the details of our lives."
-President Thomas S. Monson

And BIG Thank You to everyone that thought of me or sent me something for the Holidays! I definitely have felt so much love and support during this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment