Monday, December 30, 2013

#ForeverGreen

This week we had a zone meeting and we talked a lot about what happens with a new year since this will be the last meeting we have of the year. We talked a lot about how we make resolutions and how we all have an opportunity to change and to start fresh. As missionaries we come and and we are called greenies because we are so fresh and new. We talked about why as missionaries we lose that "greenie fire" or "greenie faith" after a while and how we all need to refocus ourselve on what we are doing and always have that fire and that faith and be "Forever Green". It was an eye opener for me because in life we all know what we can be, what we are capable of, and what it takes to be successful, but there are times when we make excuses and I have felt like I have been making excuses and so now I am able to have a fresh start. I get to become a greenie again, and for all you missionaries, put the dork dot back on the name tag.
 
This week we met a member who is less active who has a daughter that is 11 and has never been to church in her life. We were going around knocking on doors trying to find people to teach and ran into them. We went back the next day and watched a video on Christ's birth and the Christmas season. After, the daughet, Jenna, said she wants to go to church and that she feels like she needs to go to church. Unfortunately, they were busy this week, but in the future I hope and pray that they will begin coming.
 
Well I don't have much time left to write but I hope you all have had a wonderful week! You all are amazing, and remember the true meaning of Christmas during this time of the year. Remember Jesus Christ, and all of the amazing things that he has done for each of us individually. He has died for each one of us so that we could live again after this life! He loves each and every one of you perfectly! He knows you and He is always there to help you.
 
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Ryan Carter
 

“Give me all of you!!! I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!! I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to KILL IT! No half measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and a branch there; rather I want the whole tree out! Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them ALL over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self---in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart.”

-C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment