Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wow I can't believe I have already been here for a week! Everything is going great! My companion is from Colorado Springs most recently but his dad is in the military so has moved a lot in his life. The first day we were here he said that it is sometimes hard for him to talk but the longer we have been here the more he wants to talk! It is awesome! I hope you read my letter but if not I was chosen to be the district leader. It has been such a responsibility because whenever anything goes wrong I have to take care of it especially in the classroom. The exciting part is that I am in a district where everyone is going to Charleston West Virginia. It is awesome because all of us are able to talk about how excited we are to get there. As a district we set a goal that by the end of our mission we can have a temple in West Virginia. The goal is a little bit of a stretch but it is something we all want! I hope and pray that if we don't have one by the time we leave, that there will either be an announcement for one, or it will be in the process of being built.
I will be sending another letter with more information about everything this week but I have learned and grow so much! My testimony has only gotten stronger! Especially of the power of prayer. I didn't think it could get much stronger but it definitely has. The Church is true, along with all of its teaching.
 
Love Elder Ryan Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment