Thursday, August 1, 2013

July 5, 2013

Dear Family,

The first two days have been long and hard but I am learning so much, already.  It has helped me so much to be able to see so many familiar faces from school.  It has made being away much easier.  My companion and I are so different but are doing well.  He says he doesn't like to talk much so we will see how that goes once we start teaching.

I have never been so tired and it is very hard to stay awake throughout all the activities in the day but hopefully once I get more accustomed to the schedule it will become easier.  Because I've been so tired I threw up yesterday after gym.  Not a fun time because I was feeling sick all morning which made the day very hard.  I said lots of prayers to help me get through it and eventually I did.

The fourth of July was fun!  We had a few festivities last night that was a great break from all the business of missionary life.  I hope you all enjoyed the fireworks as much as I did.

I love you all very much!  I hope you all are doing well even though I'm gone.  As hard as it is, there is so much work to be done.

Love you,
Elder Ryan Carter

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Ryan! It's Alex Scott from Portsmouth. It's awesome to read your blogs and I'm actually in awe that I even found them by accident! How weird?? Haha God is one awesome guy though, isn't He? :) I heard you were in Portsmouth for a day and I wasn't home.. What a bummer. Anyway, I'm always praying for you and I miss you!! I hope all is well. God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete