Sunday, October 13, 2013

Staying in Portsmouth

It has been another amazing week! The weeks out here fly by! I honestly don't know where they go! But I have finished my training and I will be getting a new companion tomorrow!

Monday Sept 30:
Well today was crazy busy! There is never enough time in the day to do everything we want to and honestly need to do. But we met with Bridgett tonight which is always awesome! She told us tonight "Since you guys came around, I'm starting to feel peace that I haven't felt in a long time." I couldn't help but smile but she always tells me I smile too much! I guess I'm just a happy person :)

Tuesday Oct 1:
Today was AWESOME!!! We taught an amazing lesson today to Jill and her mother Joy. We were about 10 minutes into the lesson and both of them were already crying because the spirit was so strong. They both have gone to the r-LDS church here in Portsmouth so they already know a lot more than they realize but both are so ready and are looking for more! It is so cool to see!

Wednesday Oct 2:
My second family sent me a package!! Gotta love the Hickens! 
Also I got to serve in Ashland Kentucky today with Elder Morgan. It was so fun to get out of Portsmouth for a little bit because I haven't really gone anywhere for 3 months. I learned a lot from the exchange and he is so much fun! Elder Williams says we are the two happiest missionaries in the mission so needless to say it was awesome!
Inline image 1
Elder Morgan and I cheesin it up! (He is from California near Anaheim)

Thursday Oct. 3:
Nothing too exciting really happened today. We worked a lot on planning for the upcoming week but I learned a lot that is going to make a big difference in my mission.

Friday Oct. 4:
We had zone meeting this morning which always means a good day! We have been focusing a lot on "Becoming" as missionaries and I always learn so much about what and how I can "Become" better. Two things really stuck out to me. The first was that our faith can't grow during opposition. It isn't until after the trial of our faith that we see growth, so we must build our faith so we can overcome the opposition when it comes. Along with this idea, the second thing I learned was "Trust in God, and Go on." There is opposition in all things. We are going to have trials in our lives. But, if we put our trust in God, he will help us to overcome any trial or opposition and our faith will increase as we Go on. 
Inline image 3
Our awesome District! (From left to right: Elder Kopelson, Williams, Sister Call, Richards, Elder Morgan, Carter)

Saturday Oct 5th:
Holy Cow!!!!! Conference was AMAZING!!!! today! The love that I have felt today from our leaders is indescribable and the confirmation of the power of the atonement is so peaceful and joyful. My favorite talks today were by President Uchtdorf, Elder Dube, Elder Dykes, Elder Ballard, Elder Funk and my favorite of the day was President Uchtdorf during priesthood session on "You Can Do It Now!" We must always have faith, and the hope to always rise up, even after we have fallen. In life the real test isn't how many times you have fallen, but how many times you have risen back up. "You can do it now" with the help of the Lord and through his atoning sacrifice.

Sunday October 6th, 2013:
Who would have imagined that after all the events from a year ago, that I would be standing here today, 3 months out on my mission. I can't believe how far I have come. I also can't thank everyone enough for the love and support I have received over the last year. I have truly never felt such an outpouring of love for me and for my family. I must say I would not change anything that has happened over the last year, including the accident. The growth and strength I have gained as well as the blessings I've received have changed my life. This last year has been a roller coaster ride, but it has all been worth it. 
With that my favorite talk today and all of conference was President Thomas S. Monson. As I listened, peace and joy filled my heart. It was a perfect end to this less than perfect but amazing year. As he talked about the trials we face in life, I reflected on my own. He said that sadness and sorrows are a part of life. But, we grow stronger through the trials we face, and I know that to be true. Center your lives in the gospel, and whatever is thrown at you will only be but a small trial. "We truly need Him every hour, whether they be hours of sunshine or of rain." I know our Father in heaven loves each of us.

Monday Oct 7th:
The Lord works miracles! The time of 8:30pm to 9:00pm is no referred to as "miracle hour" in our mission. tonight we found a man who is so prepared. We found him on a street we are never on at like 8:45 at night. We stopped and talked to him and he had so many questions that missionaries dream of (or at least I do). We are going to see him on Saturday so it should be awesome!

Tuesday Oct 8th:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CADEN!!!!!!
Nothing too exciting really today except I found out I will be staying in Portsmouth. My new companion is Elder Hudson! I haven't met him but he will be here tomorrow!

"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" -President Uchtdorf

I love you all!
Thank you for all the love and support!
Love,
Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment