Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Oct 21st:
So today we had to run to the hospital to give someone a blessing. It is a 17 year old girl who has cancer that only adults have. As far as I've heard she is the only kid in the world with it so it is pretty crazy. It is amazing to see her outlook on life though and how positive she is. We have had a few conversations about our hospital experiences and how "fun" they are. It is crazy how many blessings I have given. I knew I would be giving them but I didn't realize how often it would be happening. It has definitely been really cool for me though.

Tuesday Oct 22nd:
So we were able to see Julia today which was good! She almost went back to New York on Saturday because of family issues but she said she stayed because she is not leaving before she gets baptized. She is so much more prepared than we realized and it is so cool to see. Now we just have to keep teaching her and helping her learn more and more.

Wednesday Oct 23rd:
So today we taught Jason and Jamie and Jason asked if we could study forgiveness in the Book of Mormon. (We have been going over and studying topics out of the index in the Book of Mormon and then discussing the verses that stick out to them.) We ended up talking about the parable Jesus give in the Bible in Matthew 18:21-22 
" 21 ¶Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I aforgive him? till seven times?
 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until aseventy times seven."
We also talked about how when Jesus was on the cross how he forgave the Roman soldiers and said "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."
Both of these are such great examples of how we must forgive others even when it is difficult to do so. We must follow the example of Jesus Christ and always work to become more like him.

Thursday Oct 24th:
So funny story for today! We got a media referral that was in Lucasville and we are supposed to try and contact them within 24 hours of receiving them. Our plans had fallen through and so we decided to go out and try and contact the refferal. Well we were driving out there and then all of a sudden we see a sign that says "Welcom to Pike County" and we just turned and were like "Oh shoot! We just left the mission!" Not only did we leave our area but our entire mission... haha We turned around and called our zone leaders and the only thing they said was "Don't crash, and hurry and get back in your area" It was a pretty crazy experience. Guess I'm not very obedient....

Friday Oct 25th:
Well today I got to serve with Elder Morgan in Portsmouth. It was a really fun day and we were able to get a lot of things done! The craziest part though was at night we started talking and he was telling me all that I need to start doing to prepare to be a leader soon. It was kinda crazy but somewhat expected too. Everyone keeps telling me I need to be an example even though I'm new. It is kind of scary but definitely something that keeps me motivated. 

Saturday Oct 26th:
So I don't think I have ever done yard work in October until today. Today we mowed and weed wacked and moved some rocks for somebody that was friends with a member in our ward. I must say I'm becoming quite the pro at yard work. 

Sunday Oct 27th:
We were able to get Bryce to church today which was awesome!! His grandma is a member and didn't know he was coming so it was really cool to see her reaction to him being there. And one of the members that has known Bryce for a long time said "I don't know what you are doing but keep it up." It has been cool to see the change in Bryce but even cooler to see how much other people are recognizing it. A lot of people thought he would never really change or join the church but he is improving leaps and bounds every day. It is so cool to be a part of!

Well that is pretty much it for my week! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Ryan Carter

"You must become the rock the river cannot wash away."


This is an old picture that I finally got. This is Elder Williams and I with Bridgett and her son Jojo
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment