Sunday, March 2, 2014

Staying in Mormontown! Jenna got baptized! And I almost got killed by a bat~

Well it has been a crazy week and a half! I'm not really sure what has happened and what hasn't happened but lets start of with some crazy news. Yesterday we were at Dollar General getting some cake mix because it was Patty's birthday so we wanted to make her a cake. Next thing I know I turn around and I see something flying in the store... at first I thought it was a bird but no... it was a BAT! It was pretty small until it flew at my face! I literally had to drop otherwise it would have an into me! It got a little scary for sure!
 
But last Saturday, February 8th, Jenna got baptized!! It was such an incredible experience! I felt really bad though. She has anxiety and the first time she went under she came up choking on the water. I later found out it was because she got nervous and tried to take a breath on the way up. But if that wasn't bad enough her toe came out of the water so we had to do it again. I was scared because I thought she would get frightened and not want to do it again but she did and her toe came up again so I had to hold her under until her toe went back under! But it was so amazing! She is just so sweet and has been so happy ever since. It was super sweet though. We went over the Monday after her baptism and she told us she thought we were never going to come back and see her. How sad... Of course we are going to keep going over but it was so sweet how worried she was about us.
 
It is crazy that today is my last day serving with Elder Kamauu. He is going to Oakland, Maryland, which is is our zone so I should still see him at least every few weeks while I'm here. I'm so excited to be staying in Morgantown though! It has been so great to be here and I'm so excited to continue to work here and try to find more people.
 
I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week!
Elder Ryan Carter
 
"Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow'" -Thomas S. Monson
 
"Always remember that Jesus Christ- The creator of the universe, the architect of our salvation, and the head of this church- is in control. He will not permit his work to fail." -M. Russel Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment